WHAT CAN I GIVE MY SON FOR CONTSPATION SORRY CANT SPELL

MY SON IS 2 AND HE CANT DO NUMBER 2 WHAT CAN I GIVE HIM TO HELP HIM GO I TRYED COOKING OIL BUT HE WONT TAKE IT..HELP...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pears and prunes will help greatly, except pears taste better. I wouldn't give cooking oil, it can be too harsh. Just give lots of water and pears. No meats or things high in protein like beans etc. They take longer to digest, and are harder to. Starchy foods too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• MiraLax works great but a little goes a long way!!!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• try tea and chocolate first
    Miralax
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I agree with the pears & prunes answer - but any kind of fruit will do. I've been told bananas can cause constipation, but interestingly enough they help keep my toddler regular - I don't have an explanation for this except that it IS fruit.
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 10:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Apple juice can help as well as prune juice, tho u might want to camofluage it with something else. it tastes nasty! also a little squirt of mineral oil can help soften it a bit! My dr recomended benefiber...it didnt help my sign tho, jsut made him struggle more often. have you tried an enema or suppository? We used to have to use those a lot on my sone. he struggled when he was around 1. we ended up on a daily stool softner ( a form of miralax that was Rx) until he was 2. Is he potty training right now? I know that causes some kids to be constipated. otherwise make sure you try and cut out cheese, cuz thats bloks them up too. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When my son was younger, we used Dark Karo Syrup. We would put it in his formula. Maybe you could try putting it in his milk, juice, etc.? I think we used either 1 or 2 tbsp. It does have to be the DARK Karo Syrup. It ALWAYS worked for my son.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my little boy was constipated alot. i would use prunes, they have a jar food. and that worked good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009