How much wieght did you lose right after giving birth?

I mean from the time you walked into the hospital till you popped that little pumpkin out??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• #1 40 pounds within the week - severe edema it was NASTY.

#2 30pounds within the week.

#3 20 pounds
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I walked into the hospital 30 pounds heavier than my normal weight with my first, and walked out only a few pounds heavier! I lost it all with him before i even left! This one, however, might be a different story. I've gained more so far with him and i'm only 6 months, so we'll see!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 20lbs...from the time I walked in til I walked out after a day of labor and a C. I was afraid to poop so I didn't eat much. My DH said my face instantly de-puffed a few hours after my DD was born. Guess it was a lot of water weight.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 4 days was my stay with labor and C recovery.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I lost 10 pounds the week before I had her.... didn't lose any in the hospital. But lost about 30 within two weeks of being home. the rest has been slowly coming off. I'm still about 20 heavier then I was when I got pregnant.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I gained 30lbs while I was pregnant and the first time I weighed myself after I gave birth - maybe 5-6 days later - I was 15lbs lighter. halfway there!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• as me when i come out of teh hospital, at 5 weeks, i was 168, before my last weight was 17? and now my weight is 178 as of last friday. for the last 8 months i have gained 2 lbs. lost 2 lbs. and as of last monday which was the most i've gained was 6 lbs. and three weeks before i gained 3 lbs. i didn't gain 30 lbs. but i don't think that it would have showed, and i kind of wish i did, i would like to be showing more then i am, so i can't wait to see my son and then i want to kno wthe answer for me, for this.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• About 20 pounds. 30 by the 6-week post-partum check-up.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• From the time I went into the hospital to the time I left (3 days), I lost 30 lbs. Of course, nearly 12 lbs. of that was just my son.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 20 lbs.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009