ABC turns news over to Obama for a day SFOG

"On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care."

ABC will run its news shows from the White House, and refuse (so far) to allow any representative of the Republican Party or anyone opposed to UHC to participate in any of the programs. Drudge has a story up along with a letter written on behalf of the people who will be silenced.

This is misuse of public airwaves, so should they be shut down or just make the DNC pay for the full day of infomercial time?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hush little babies don't say a word Obamas gonna buy you a mocking bird, and if that mocking bird don't sang....... shhhh they are all asleep now.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Link

And a statement from ABC that they'll "control who gets to ask questions" and totally sidesteps the whole - broadcasting from the white house with no republicans in sight - part of the issue

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• OMG, we are turning into a communist country so quickly it's making my head spin. Fox news will have my ratings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• WTH? Good loooooooord...communist?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Anon is right, isn't this what they do in communist / socialist countries?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You flipping goons who voted for this a$$ need to WAKE UP! Nothing else is THIS important for our country to turn communist.sheesh
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thanks for the heads up! I'll be at a wine tasting so I don't have to bother with hearing anything said out of that mans mouth.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ironic this comes right after the digital conversion.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yeah, this is just great.. And I wonder why some people cant open their eyes and see where this is all headed..
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am a ABC fan..I doubt very seriously what you say is the whole truth..So what if they did not invite a Republican to the show..FREE COUNTRY here.. They do not have too. OH I am a Democrat.

Answer by louise2 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009