How do you get a 10 month old to stop pulling hair?

He GRABS and RIPS at my hair as he's falling asleep. Something about assaulting me is very soothing to him...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine did that too. She is 18 months now, and still does some times. Just be patient and calmly but firmly take his hand away from your hair and tell him no. After you do this everytime for a few weeks he'll get it. My daughter moved from pulling hair to fiddling with either your shirt sleeve or the pillow case. She just needs to wrap her fingers around something and pull on it. Have you tried giving him a light weight blanket?
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sorry to say but all babies do it.Its sucks but thats just what they do.I just tie up my hair.
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If I tie up my hair he gets those little tiny strands at the back of my neck of on my temple and pulls at those! Sometimes he even rips my hair out of the ponytail holder!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Put your hair in a pony tail....10 mo. old is not going to get it and anything you do to try to stop it is likely to make it worse. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009