4yr old daughter is potty trained but here lately peeing while asleep during the night

My daughter is 4 and been potty trained almost a yr.so she wears panties all the time.all of a sudden 2 nights this week she peed in our bed and one night in her bed.She usually wakes us up to tell us she needs to pee and we take her to the bathroom.why is she doing this? any tips,advice?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm curious too....my 5 year old still wets the bed.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 3, and goes to bed at 8. I ususlly go to bed at 10 or 11. I pick her up out of her bed, and sit her on the toilet...about 5 of 7 nights she will go. Then if I wake up through the night, I will take her again to go to the bathroom. She has never awoken completely or not wanted to go back to bed...which was what I was afraid of before I had tried it.

She hasn't had an accident in months, and now I am rarely awake in the noght to take her (due to the baby now sleeping through the night :). In the morning, she will come in and tell me she has to go. I know it may seem like baby steps again, but maybe it will be enough to get her through this "phase". Good luck Mama!
    oliviajb118

Answer by oliviajb118 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• sometimes my 4 1/2 year old will still do this...

i'll make sure she stops large amounts of water or other liquids after 7...she can still have drinks, but i limit the amount and make sure she goes potty before she lays in bed.

my hubby says it's probably because their little bladders aren't fully grown into them yet... ;) it reminds me to remain patient. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2009