What to get first grade teacher for end of school gift?

She's a very vibrant enthusiatic intellegent tallented teacher but she has been absent on maternity leave half the year and so I'm not that attached to her.What can I get that's under $20?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A hanging basket of pretty flowers.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What a thoughtful gift. I am just approaching that as well. Gifts for teachers.
    To add on to the last answer a plant is nice, but you can add to it by using a real clay pot
    on the brim write in a SHARPIE thank you for helping us grow and put your childs name on the clay pot .. love , regards, or just his / her name.
    I was a teachers helper and I got one the other day. It was touching.
    OR a candle and put in the note thanking for puting a glow on all our childrens faces every date.
    You lite up our childrens' day. And ,,, make it a staple for each year and each teacher this way you can take advantage or sales and be ready once the time arrives. Just a thought , good for bus drivers too .. ask them his or her fav color and make the flower than color .. :- )
    ALL4MIKENPAUL

Answer by ALL4MIKENPAUL at 8:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I went to the Bath & Body Works and got all the teachers a body lotion. I put it in a pretty bag and my daughter made the card. I spent less then $10 on each.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009