3 yrs old and 45 lbs

someone i know has a 3 yr old girl , and they feed her a pack of pop tarts , a bannana , and sometimes cereal too for breakfast! the girl sneaks food and tries to take other ppls. she will even watch u eat even if she already did! its crazy. how do i tell the person in the nicest way to put her on a diet? i think they do that bc it makes them feel like a good parent? idk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• tell them that you are worried about her health.And when she goes to school about the kids making jokes about her appearance.Its hard I know myself.My son is 4 yrs and is 72 pounds.He just lost 4 pounds.There is no good way to put it to a parent you just have to say it.They probably dont even realize what they are doing.It just keeps her satisfied so they give it to her to keep quiet ya know.Good Luck
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If you didn't want to deal with it you could cut out an article about obesity in children and how bad it is for their health and give it to them. Or you could be brave and ask them if they read that. Good luck
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter is chucky, she weights about 40 Ibs and is 3 and wears 5T. We feed her healthy, we give her moderate portions (however her dad feeds her everytime he eats off of his plate) she's just chunky. Now if they are overfeeding that's one thing, but just because she's chunky doesn't mean she isn't healty, my doctor says my daughter is fine not to worry until maybe she'll a lil older. However, if you just sit them down maybe they just need someone elses perspective.
    mommy2_twins

Answer by mommy2_twins at 5:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When my DD turned 3 she was 44 inches and 44 pounds. By no means is she fat, she looks skinny to me. She wears a 6x in clothes and 13 in shoes. She is off the charts for development. Unless she is short, she very well may be portionate for her height and weight.
    ZarsMom

Answer by ZarsMom at 8:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't think you should tell someone else to put their daughter on a diet. Just worry about your own kids. If someone told me that I'd be very mad. Do you think they don't know she's heavy?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Im not sure that its your place to say anything...
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 9:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am sure that the parents eat the same junk. You can't put a child on a diet; the family need to have a healthy lifestyle. I am sure that the parents have heard this from doctors and either they don't believe it or they don't care.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009