Is it safe

Is it safe to take ritalin while breastfeeding? Will it pass into the milk? If you don't know do you know of any sources that have this type of information? Thank you

J.P

Asked by J.P at 11:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not recommended:

http://adhd.emedtv.com/ritalin/ritalin-and-pregnant-women.html
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You can ask your pharmacist
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It is not recommended to take ritalin while breastfeeding! And yes it will pass into the milk.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 11:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• all the meds I ever took when I breastfeed the parmacy said it would be fine only a little passes thought to ur breastmilk but some meds make ur breastmilk goes down....

u should call or pharmy and ask them and they should be able to tell u... trust me on this one b/c I needed to do this a lot after I had my son b/c I was sick and needed to take a lot of meds so ya
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Call your pharmacy and ask.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009