keeping my two year old active

what kind of contructive activities i can do with my two year old DD? She loves to color and draw circles. I was wondering too what are the best ways to teach her her abc's and such.

lanababy1x

Asked by lanababy1x at 11:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• me and my husband r teaching our little boy abc's also. we just go over them w/ him. all he can say is abcd .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Keep it fun.
    Do not fall for the workbooks and flashcards - those are great ways to teach a school age kid something he has to learn for a test that week, but they are a rotten way to teach toddlers and preschoolers. Kids this age learn through PLAY, not drills. If you push too hard, she will rebel and refuse to learn what you are pushing, something you will have to work to overcome when she enters school.
    Try the toddler section at www.LetterOfTheWeek.com for ideas. But don't hesitate to make up silly games of your own. And don't hesitate to get messy. "Draw" shapes and pictures in a shallow pan of pudding or corn meal for example.
    And give her plenty of free play time each day. All kids learn better when they have lots of play time but this age group learns a lot while playing. They role-play with their toys, learn basic science, experiment, and grow - all while playing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i wouldn't worry so much right now about ABC's and 123's but more motivational outlets and gross motor skills..... umm take her to parks that's a great free way to have fun play with her it's greaaat exercise,, umm painting riding tikes umm bath time is great way to learn storytimes are free join an indoor tumbling gym in your area umm sooo many things and ways to keep active bread making is our new favorite i let them play with the dough cook it eat it yummm,,, ummm yeh hope this helps
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009