Do you need a weak long break this summer from the kids?

try a Vacation Bible School 4 yrs and up to 5th grade. I am sending my kids too! Go baptist,presbyterian,ect.,the like
They learn to love God and make friends do fun things!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't need a break from my kids, I enjoy their company.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No thanks.

Our last run-in with VBS was when my son's so-called "friends" returned from a week of VBS & proceeded to bully up on him (on his birthday, no less) and tell him all about how he was going to hell. Then, they just stopped playing with him --- I'm talking, if he approached them on the playground, they'd turn their backs on him like he wasn't even there.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think when people say "that they don't need a break from their kids " I personally do not believe that they are being truthful. Not only do parents need a break , the kids need a break from us. They need something new and different just as much as we do.
    Anonymous

• There are other ways to "get a break" without having to submit you child to influence of people who may or may not have their best interest in mind. Put them in a summer reading program, take them to the park, or the local pool (if you have one). Or just let them run outside for 5 or 10 minutes while you relax. I love being with my kids but sometimes I need a few minutes to recharge. I just let them flip through books they may want to read for their summer reading then we read together. Quiets them down and helps them learn. Vacation Bible School is great if you know the teachers and program. Personally my sons will probably never attend as we are not Christian, but also because of the cliques that seem to form so quickly in church programs.
    Anonymous

• Gee, why is it hard for people to believe I enjoy my kid's company? *sigh*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My kids just gave VBS a chance this week... 2 days in and they are done, it's summer & they would rather be out playing. They did enjoy their 2 days there, but they have chosen not to go tonight since they will be with a friend of the families since I am sick. They both told my friend that it was ok, she didn't need to take them to VBS, they would much rather hang out and play at her house.

But I didn't send them because I needed a break from them, I love hanging out with my kids, they choose to give it a try! And my kids get enough breaks from me (if they need it), because they are always going and doing stuff with their friends & other family members. Their social calendars are full for the next month! So VBS is not our choice for getting a break from our kids because we don't need a break... JMO
    Inkedmommy007

Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am getting a four week break! www.campchi.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2009