Help. Parental Advice

I am meeting with my dad who I just recently told I was 5months pregnant.
. He's basically a dad who thinks that simply giving sperm was enough.

After knowing I am preg. he was shocked but what I didnt get was that he was so critical and rude aksing if I have thought about adoption, saying he would take my baby, jokingly kinda, that I'm stupid, all this from someone who wasnt in their only childs life and who had no hand in raising me.

SO my problem is: I want to talk to him I want to get out that his rude remarks need to be silent, that I dont evn want him in my babies life but im giving him til today to change his attitude toward me if he wants to know his grandchild, basically anything you would tell a dad who fucked you over your whole life when ur pregnant.
I personally dont want him in my life at all but thought I would at least talk to him about it first.

wud u even try to talk to him about it? how do i say

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My thing is, don't let people who will have little or no influence in your life or your child's life interfere with anything. people's opinions don't count, what counts are your own personal morals and your view of life. People always try to tell you how, when and where and answer the "why" for you. The reality is how you raise your child or if you're capable to raise your child is no one's concerns except for yours and your SO. And maybe I feel like that because I've been out on my own since I was 16 and no one helped me or at least I didn't want to be helped so people could tell me how to do things. I made it and I think I've set a great example for my kids. You're a grown woman and I am sure you'll want people who embrace your pregnancy and your child once he/she is born around. Remember love is unconditional.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i was also thinking i cud write him a letter saying i dont want to talk to him but maybe not...please give your opinions and please dont be rude
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Just tell him flat out that he needs to keep his opinions to himself. He is welcome to play a role in your child's life but that you won't tolerate his opinions being forced on your or your child. His role as a grandfather is to support your decision and help make your life easier. If he can't do that, then he won't be a grandfather to your child.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would talk to him...its important for him to know that you mean business when it comes to your child. Hold your ground girl!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am having the same issues with my dad...I got prego with my first one really young (16) my dad told my mom he wasn't going to talk to me...he didn't for 10 years! Now I am 30 and going through financial hardships as many other couples in this country are and about to give birth to my 3rd child...my dad didn't sound happy about the news, the last time I spoke to him was for new years, he hasn't called or anything since. I am okay with that..he doesn't pay my bills, he's not raising my child and he obviously doesn't care to know how I am doing, neither does he care how the other grandchildren are doing. So I made a pact not to let him influence me in any way and if he didn't want to talk to me then let it be..my parents both gave me away to my grandmother when I was 43 days old. My mom came back and got me when I was 11, my dad I saw again when I was 15, then didn't talk to him again until I was 26!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009