My daughter has this cough that happens at night that won't quit. She throws up every night from coughing and has a difficult time sleeping, as do I!!! Help?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• Use a humidifier, elevate her and call her doctor about possibly getting a prescription for cough medicine.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• coat her feet with Vicks and then put socks on her or a sleeper with feet depending on her age. it works great for everything and quiets even the worst cough for up to 5 hours. I love it and my kids like that it actually works
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• raw honey in lemonade/tea cooler mix it up and give her before she goes to bed.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• is there really a prescription for cough medicine?
    sween338

Answer by sween338 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It's called reflux, go to the doctor and have an upper GI series done to see to what severity it is affecting her. Chronic reflux can result in erosion of tooth enamel and of the esophagus.
    Anonymous

• Totally with vbongard that will really help her out. I was just having this problem with my daughter and took her to the doctor where they prescribed her a pro-air inhaler with spacer a couple of pumps every now and then really help with the coughing and vomiting. Also i found that when i used plug in air fresheners and carpet powders her cough worsened. she hasn't had and late night early morning fits in a few weeks.
    bilizdom1615

Answer by bilizdom1615 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• SPRAY TEA TREE OIL WATER MIST IN ROOM TO KILL BED BUGS ECT.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You should have a doctor see her. Besides some of the other ideas people have already brought up, she may have an allergy to dust mites. My daughter had a constant cough which was worst at night. We had her allergy tested, and she has a huge dust mite allergy. She takes a chewable Singulair tablet, and that solved the problem.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Try a humidifier and elevating the head of the bed. Also, have you considered allergies? My daughter had a problem like that. It was caused by all the drainage from her sinuses going down the back of her throat while she was laying down. She was OK during the day when she was up and about. She didn't sneeze much or any of the other tell-tale signs of allergies, just the coughing. Try over-the-counter loratadine syrup (I think it's the generic Claratin). Works wonders. Just make sure to ask your doctor/pharmacist about dosage if she's really young.
    volomom

Answer by volomom at 10:10 AM on Jun. 18, 2009