Will it go away?

I've been pregnant before, but always miscarried early so I'm really a first-timer. Now I'm 10 1/2 weeks and things are going really good. I don't really have morning sickness, not in the morning at least - it comes in the evening after I eat. But last night I couldn't sleep, my joints and back all ache and this is the sickest I've ever felt even though I didn't eat anything yet. I can barely stand to sit up and the slightest movement makes me want to ralph. Is this normal at this point in my pregnancy, will it go away and is there anything I can do in the mean time to make it go away? I can't lay around all day because I have three year old twins (adopted) who need constant supervision.

MommyAddie

Asked by MommyAddie at 11:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like ur getting a flu bug!
    I just got over it, and it was a NASTY one, not everything during pregnancy is pregnany related- my flu lated about5 days.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Its different for every mom and for every pregancy. For me once I hit 12 weeks it was smooth sailing until I got to be about 32 weeks. The second trimester was like a honeymoon period. I hope the same happens for you.

In the meantime, here are so tips to ease your pains:
    1. Eat multiple small meals to ease your morning sickness
    2. Get yourself a body pillow or pregnancy pillow to help support your changing body while you sleep.

Hope that helps.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had that all day sickenss/body ache problem from 9 weeks until about 12 weeks.
    I couldnt eat the crackers and gingerale because that made me throw up
    some days were worse than others but it really sucked.

I say take a tylenol when you are ablt to hold it down, sip on really cold water, eat tiny portions thru out the day
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When I was pregnant with both Ryan and Jonathan I munched on Ice all the time and I was also on Zofran which helped with the throwing up and all...but other than than just eat small meals and coke will help settle the tummy as well...
    HardyFan

Answer by HardyFan at 12:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• your ob can give u a shot to make u not throw up. u'll feel better just let him/her know!
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sounds pretty normal to me. Some women feel terribly sick at that point. I hope you feel better soon!
    volomom

Answer by volomom at 10:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2009