I have asked this before but nobody ever answer...so please do!!!!!

I'm in a long distance relationship. Besides talking on the phone/texting, what are some cute ideas to stay in touch? Like what could I mail him? or any ideas at all please?!?! Even if your not in a long distance relationship I'm sure you have some idea of what you could do if you were. Or you military moms, what do you send your man overseas??? Ideas please and thank you so much!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• nice pictures of yourself to have at his desk at work
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would mail him a letter, old fashioned a bit cuz theres e-mail but Its cut I think.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You could get a private Facebook page with just each other as friends and upload vids and pics. I like using it for e-mail with friends.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We send pictures back and forth, but mostly we just talk on the phone. We're getting ready to get all the stuff to start using Skype, the internet phone thing, where you can use a webcam so you can see each other while you're talking. Other than that, though, we pretty much talk on the phone. He's going to be here in two weeks, and I'm so excited. I'll shortcut your question, and when I talk to him tonight, I'll ask him if he can think of anything else that we/you could do, so that maybe I can give you some more ideas.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Well, while my husband was overseas, I made it a point to write him a handwritten letter each and every day...He thought it was the sweetest thing in the whole entire world. I guess, it is different because you have texting, so he would know what you are doing every second...but for him he said it was great because he would get to read the letter each day and he felt like he knew what was going on. Then on the third deployment when we had our son, I took a new picture of our son each day so he wouldn't miss a day of seeing him and his development. As far as packages go, I just sent him some of his favorite things to snack on, and other things that wouldn't really apply to you :) (deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, cigarettes, etc.)  Sorry, I wish I could help more!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• this was many years ago and we since broke up, but I was once engaged and he and I had a long distance relationship for about a year while we attended college (b4 we were engaged, when we first started dating). we loved writing each other letters (snail mail) and he always sent me packages with burned cd's, many of which were songs that reminded him of me or of our relationship. we also sent eachother photos. it was a very romantic relationship. believe it or not, we were better that way than when we started living together lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• How about postcards? I live in Maine so there's always cheesy touristy little postcards in stores around town, that would be fun to send. Or send letters and spray them with your perfume. Make a collage out of old magazines with pictures of things you want to do together when you see him?
    justbrandi111

Answer by justbrandi111 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• They have those fun puzzle post-cards where you write on the back, break them up to send....then the receiver puts it back together. Our local craft store has some you can put your own pictures on.

Or I like the funny post-cards one above. It takes 2 minutes to write a post-card and if you keep post-card stamps on hand it is a pretty cheap easy way to let someone know you thought of them.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i send him something nutty once in a while like a pair of thongs or a cute bra with a note saying something like when we meet u'll see me in this..or something along those lines
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i send pics of myself in something sexy, or cute /sweet cards on occasion.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009