How can I get my 2 year old to stay in his room all night?

My son is 2 and gets up 2 to 3 times a night to come and get me so I can sit in his room with him. I have tried the everythree days move a little furthur away plan. And we have tried the return him to his bed every 30 seconds plan - (after three days he still comes out 20+ times at bedtime). I am at the end of my rope. I feel as sleep deprived as I was breastfeeding. HELP!!

momofduckling

Asked by momofduckling at 11:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Close or gate his door at night to stop his visits. If he can open the door himself, you can buy gizmos to go on the door to prevent him from opening them. Don't immediately go to him when he gets up to give him a chance to try to resettle himself. If you do go to him, don't interact with him. Put him back in bed and leave. I
    Anonymous