How can I get my 17 month old daughter to drink milk out of her cup?

My daughter will drink water/juice out of her sippy cup but refuses to drink milk out of her cup. She only wants her milk in her "ba ba". She will literally spit out the milk if she tries it in her cup. Any tips??

Susan901

Asked by Susan901 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try giving her a plastic or regular cup with a straw. You will have to moniter, but I had the same problem. I give milk during meals so that I am there to help. My son loves drinking out of the straw. He has found that he likes blowing bubbles in his milk, but at the same time is consuming his milk for the day.
    Also, just a tidbit that you may not know because I didn't. Orange jucie with the calcium and vitamin D is pretty similar to that is milk. As long as they are getting their protein else where in diet.
    gizmo13

Answer by gizmo13 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My dd is 18 months old and was the same way. My dr. told me to stop the bottles, since she was eating yogurt and cheese, he said it was ok. He said staying with the bottle would cause dental issues. I stopped the bottles and within a week, she was drinking milk out of a cup. I put every bottle away in a bag into the basement. Showed her the empty cabinet (she used to stand in front of the cabinet and point and repeat "ba ba".
    GL
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 12:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009