How can I take my son to the grocery store until he sits up on his own in the cart?

He has outgrown his infant carrier, which I used to sit it on the grocery cart while I was shopping. His new car seat is the next one up which stays in the car. He is 5 m/o and can't sit up on his own yet, so I can't just sit him in the seat thing on the grocery cart unless I have my hand holding him up the whole time. What did you do?

EthansMommy109

Asked by EthansMommy109 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• They sell covers for carts in stores. I used one, and took a blanket with me to prop him up with. By 5 months he should be able to sit like that with the assistance of a blanket, and it is good practice for him to build those muscles.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• get a sling
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I carried mine in a kangaroo pouch, but you can prop him up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I pushed a small stroller with one hand and pulled the groc. cart by the front end behind me. Its actually easier to maneuver a cart from the front end. :) That way I could keep an eye on the baby, and pull the food behind.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I used a baby back pack. Not the kelty ones as they were too bulky, but something lighter and smaller. t was perfect and I used it for gardening, grocery shopping, pretty much anything that I needed my hands free.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I second the baby backpack.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009