sharp stabbing pain

i was just sitting here, minding my own buisness, when all of a sudden i got this super sharp stabbing pain that hurt really really bad lol if i moved at all or breath or talked or anything and it was up kind of high though like right below my ribs on the left side. oh btw im 33 weeks pregnant with my second baby, c section the first time. any ideas? liam is still moving around like normal sooo...

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 12:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say if its stopped not to worry, but if its consistant and wont go away call your doctor. I had pains that sound pretty similar, they would stop me in my tracks, but if I just sat down and took it easy they would go away...doc was never worried.
    maryandmacy

Answer by maryandmacy at 12:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Too high up to be round ligament pains probably right? But i would say if you are worried go to the doctor. That's what you pay them for. Good luck.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• maybe its kicking something in there?
    Anonymous

• have you had high blood presure? I dont remember if it was sharp pains in yr left or right side that you had to watch for in high blood presure I just remember my doc telling me to watch for it because my blood presure was borderline...If it keep bugging you I would have the doc cheack... Its probably nothing one thing I have learned is with pregnancy comes odd pains :) But better safe then sorry I say :) Good luck! Hope you feel better
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Have you ever had gall stones? I was diagnosed with gall stones when I was 24 weeks pregnant with my first child. It happened all of a sudden and to be quite honest, I thought I was having a heart attack!

What had you eaten 4-6 hours before this started?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• instant oatmeal and some coffee. ive never had gallstones but the pain went away and it hasnt come back yet, do you think it could still be that? thanks ladies!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• probably not if that is what you ate. Your gall bladder is used only to process fat so if you didnt take in any fat then it wouldnt be affected. But if it happens again then I would really look into it because it is an easy and safe diagnose that is done by u/s
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009