Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do I seek follow up care or continue with my current care plan

So for two days straight I had severe chest pain. I suffer from pastpatum anxiety disorder and after the first day wrote it off as an extreme panic attack. When I woke up the next morning with the same thing I called my regular doctor to see if I could get in. When the girl asked me what was going on I told her I was having chest pain. She told me to go to the er right away. So I drove myself to the er when I got there they hooked me up and my resting heart rate was over 160. When they put the iv in my heart rate dropped to 60 and I blacked out for a few minutes. My heart rate stabilized on it's own and after running a few tests they said ti was a mega panic attack which was odd because I didn't feel anxious about anything. They drugged me up good to keep my heart rate under control and sent me home with my husband. Now today it is going on again and I don't know why. I can't take the medicine they gave me cont

Answer Question

Asked by katiekruschke at 12:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

Level 13 (1,043 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • because it knocks me out and I am the only one avialable to care for my 9 month old. I just don't know what to do at this point. Does this sound like anxiety or could something deeper being going on. Should I make an appointment with a doctor to explore more possibillities or talk with my psychiatrist. What have you done or would you do

    Answer by katiekruschke at 12:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • It could be a panic attack! It dose kinda sound strange though! Try to ignore it and see what happens. Usually panic attacks don't last that long! Are you stressing about anything? Has your daily routine changed? Sometimes you may not think you are stressed and you really are. Honestly if it don't stop than I would go back to the doctor because it is not good for your heart rate to b that high!!


    Answer by SD777 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • If you have a psychiatrist I would call him/her and tell them what is going on!


    Answer by SD777 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.