BABY CEREAL

IS IT OK TO FEED A 2MO. OLD BABY CEREAL? SHE DRINKS A BOTTLE EVERY 2 HOURS.

ILUVMYFATGURL

Asked by ILUVMYFATGURL at 12:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, it is generally recommended that you wait until at least 4 mo., preferably 6 mo. Once she gets a little older, she'll start eating more at a time and less frequently.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I second Angie.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I waited till mine was between 3-4 months
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• A friend of mine did it that soon but i would talk to your pediatrician. You should be able to just call and ask.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ask your pedi but I would say no if there are no real reasoins to start this soon.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• apparently ur suppose to wait until 6 mths to give them rice cereal(i had to wait till my daughter was 8 mths due to being premature).. I was told it does something to their stomachs if you feed it to them to soon... How much is she eating every 2 hours at 2 mths?.. She should only be eating 4 ox every 2 hours at this point, if shes eating to much maybe try switching her foods?... I found enfamil A+ did wonders for my daughter. Maybe try given her 6 oz at one feeding, then 3-4 hours later try giving her 4 oz.. a couple hours later go for 6.. and before bed give her 6. that should work, We had to do it with our daughter.
    ashley2308

Answer by ashley2308 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I did, if it helps it helps!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What does her eating every 2 hours have to do with cereal? If she's hungry, then feed her. That's all there is to it.

Mine took 8oz every 2-3 hours starting at 6 weeks. They were hungry, so I fed them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It's really too early.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• talk to your doctor. Almost every mom on here will bash you.... but only your doctor will have the right answer for your child.
    Anonymous