Anyone know about this company?

I was wanting to find out about Ameriplan? I used to work with them a few years back and was having issues with the company not sending information about the different plans for them to choose from.

Can anyone let me know if you had or do have this same problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know that there have been a couple of lawsuits against them; start with google, and see what comes up.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am with Ameriplan and the Freedom At Home Team. The support is amazing and they are always there when I need them. You are more than welcome to email me if you'd like to talk. I have nothing but good experience with them so far :) You should def come back :)
    www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 1:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ameriplan has a criminal record with the USA government. Thier rating at the BBB is an "F". Their membership was revoked because of thier dishonesty wish caused Government actions in court.

If you are looking to help people sign up for added savings to their medical services, feel free to look into and "A+" rated company with the BBB.

Click the banner to visit the site or send me a message!

❤ Emma RPhT

Animal Care Specialist

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If there are red flags associated with a particular company, and I'm talking about obvious ones, esp. if you've personally experienced them, then I wouldn't send them my hard earned money. Not every company is spotless, nor do you have 100% happy customers or 100% happy employees or (self employed business people) but if you already have a "feeling" about them, I'd listen to that wisdom. :) But that's just me.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Here's the info about the lawsuit. Please review this prior to deciding if we are really that bad...

AmeriPlan was marketing it's health plans in Montana, it was under contract with a large health care provider company. All of the providers that AmeriPlan listed on it's website were actually under contract with the original health care provider company. That provider company supplied the list of it's physician providers to AmeriPlan. Since AmeriPlan had a contract with this ;large, supposedly reputable company, they trusted that the list was accurate. This, it turned out, was a mistake on AmeriPlan's part. The list was outdated and inaccurate, leading to the allegations by the State of Montana and the eventual settlement agreement.

Was AmeriPlan foolish to "assume" that the company's list was current? Absolutely. Were they intentionally deceiving the public, absolute not!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The reason we have an F with the BBB is because even though they are required by their own documentation that they were not allowed to suspend us unless the lawsuit was in action or if we were found in fault. While we did settle we were not legally found to be at fault. And we were suspended AFTER the settlement. When Ameriplan filed a suit against the BBB we were dropped all together and awarded an F. So, yes, we have an F. But that's because we filed a lawsuit against the BBB. If you actually look at the report on the BBB website it lists all complaints against us. I believe the last time I looked there were 240ish over the last 3 years. All but 2 were settled to the customers satisfaction. Not even Macy's can say that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I've been with Ameriplan for almost a year (june 30th) and love the company as well as my business. Is it perfect? No. Has there been some issues in the past? Yes. But today we are in charge of all of our own provider lists and are committed to customer service.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I recently looked into Ameriplan and goggled "ameriplan reviews" . read the first review that showed up and you make the choice. There are many more just like this.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/a-review-of-the-ameriplan-income-opportunity.html
    Anonymous

• The above listed "Ameriplan Review" is NOT Ameriplan! This was a scam company that used our name. Ameriplan has NO credit cards....just dental and medical plans to help people save money on their healthcare costs. The start-up to work from home with Ameriplan is only $50 and our dental and medical plans range from $14.95-$59.95/month. Although Ameriplan is not part of the BBB right now, we are part of The Consumer Health Alliance, The Medical Review board, and the National Association of Dental Plans. Our plans are accepted at ALL major pharmacies and Vision centers like Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Sears, Lenscrafters, Pearlvision, etc. If we were a scam, then none of these companies would be working with us.

Please do your own research. I have been with Ameriplan now for almost a year and the company has been wonderful to me. My enroller and upline are sooooo supportive and corporate is very helpful. I am always paid
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 12:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Cont. when I am supposed to be paid. It really is a wonderful company. We have been around for 17 years and we are going strong. I ran into all of this info about the BBB and the "Ameriplan Scam" when I was doing my research as well but I also know that you can't believe everything that is posted on the internet. I KNOW that Ameriplan is a wonderful company, now you get to decide what you want to believe:-)

If you have any quesitons about anything, I am here for you.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 12:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009