• In the Spotlight:

Confused-help!

Hey ladies

I've missed my period by a few days-I never really keep track of the dates by I know that usually get it by the end of the first week of the month. Before baby I was very irregular and post baby I never missed a period.

I took 2 tests so far and both were negative. I have been crazy exhausted as I was w my last pregnancy and yesterday my breasts became tender. Sorry if TMI but I've had clear discharge the last few days. I pretty much knew that I was pregnant w DS last time and immediately had a positive result when I tested and I was only a few weeks pregnant

Should I test again? How long should I wait before I test again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wait a few days and test agian. If its negative agian then call your doctor to set up an appointment to see whats going on.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wish I knew, you could try a blood test at the dr.'s office. When I took my pregnancy test with my daughter I was barely 2 weeks pregnant, so I am not real sure if it takes some people longer to show a positive result. Wish I could help, Good luck.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Me and all my friends have had these similar "scares". Sometimes, every few years, a woman's cycle changes and they miss a period or are very late ( i think it's the egg coming down the tubes thats being stubborn). sometimes u dont produce eggs one month, my doctor told me. but seriously it's happened to every woman i know, it happened to me when i wasnt even sexually active at the time and i was real worried, but i got my period the next month. if u have health insurance, use it, but if not wait a few weeks and take another test, if it's still negative, it's what I said. Also if ur on the pill or another form of b/c, that can affect ur periods too
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009