Anyone had a colposcopy?

I have to get one done due to HPV (found on a recent pap) and I'm a little worried. I heard they hurt and you can't have sex for 2 weeks after. Anyone had one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• it didnt hurt me, and I most likely had sex that same night. No worries, I was sooo afraid too! but everything was fine,
    maryandmacy

Answer by maryandmacy at 1:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The colposcopy doesn't hurt at all really...and you can have sex right away as far as I remember. You might have to wait 24 hours or so. I've had several.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have to have one done, but unfortunately I no longer have health insurance. If I was to go to my ob/gyn without insurance it would cost anywhere between $450-500 out of pocket. so my only affordable option is a regular pap test. and I dont think the public health center does colpo's... otherwise I'd go there...anyone know if public health centers do them??
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009