Is this okay?

My DD is almost 8 months old. She usually goes to bed around 8-9 and gets up around 7-7:30. She stays awake till about 9:30 or 10:00 am then wants to nap for 3 hours. Is she napping to long? I dont mind, However sometimes I feel like she is sleeping to much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds good to me. My son is now 14 months, but he has had the same sleep/napping habits as your daughter for the last 6-7 months.
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sounds perfect to me. Be happy she sleeps so well. She will probably change her sleep patterns soon enough and youll miss it. LOL :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no that is typical for a baby to take a nap that long.Mine is 6.5 months and does the same as well as my 4 yr old when he was younger.no worries,everything is fine and it gives us some alone time as well.
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• EVERY baby is different, a month ago my 6mon. hardly slept now all he wants to do is sleep, let the baby sleep as long as he's getting enough nutirtion n stimulaction. GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I see no harm in it, sleep is good for babies as its when they grow the most. Try getting her to bed a little bit earlier if your concerned, that way she doesnt sleep for such a long period.
    ashley2308

Answer by ashley2308 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• OP~ Thanks, I would never wake her up......maybe its just my kids...My DS would sleep till 10am if I let him (sometimes I do) He is 6, Both my kids have slept through the night since they were about 5 weeks. I NEVER woke them up to feed them......that is crazy! (unless they are underweight!)
    Anonymous

• Sounds normal to me (and great for you!!). I know when my little ones were babies, they would wake up ready to tackle the world--breakfast, getting dressed, playing, pulling out all the toys I put away the night before--they would be worn out by 10 am & would usually crash for a good 2 hours.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• IT's all normal if she wakes and does the baby things most babies do. LOL If she isn't lethargic or looking sick then don't worry. Some kids just need more sleep than others
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my son at one was taking 2 3 hour naps....so no i think its ok
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wish my son would go to bed at 8. He does better now. He sleeps 5-7 hrs straight. Then he wakes up for a bottle and then does another 4 hrs in the morning and wakes up around 11am. I think it is ok. If they need there sleep then they should be able to sleep. My son will get cranky if he doesn't get his nap.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2009