When did you stop rocking your kids to sleep?

My son is 14 months and most of the time I rock him to sleep. My husband has a fit.

yaffamommy

Asked by yaffamommy at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is nothing wrong with that. I rocked mine untill around 7 months then I switched to laying in my bed with her till she feel asleep.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• we rocked our daughter up until 1 month ago(she is 2 1/2) Some kids just need that cuddle time longer than others. I personally see nothing wrong with it. She will be 3 in September and we just put her in a toddler bed(no more rocking) and she's had no problems whatsoever with it.
    Anonymous

• im with love. my dd doesnt need to be rocked to slep but i still do it and shes 21 months old, every child does things at their own pace. maybe try laying with him, or what i did, i would lay my dd is the crib and rub her back and read books to her. if your S/O gets mad, tell him he cant make your ds grow up that fast, plus he should understand, that is quality time with your ds. and what mother doesnt want that :)
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I rocked mine to sleep til he was about 10 months. I miss rocking him to sleep, he's getting so big :( he wants to do everything himself. He is also 14months. I dont think its a bad thing that you still rock her to sleep, its a bonding thing and one day she'll go to bed herself and ou will miss it. When you are ready for her to learn to go to bed on her own, just lay her in her crib. It will be hard she most likely will cry, but she will learn
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• sorry i keep writing her, didnt read that its your son, sorry
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my daughter wasnt really rocked to sleep much from day one, she was in the hospital for just over a month ebcause she was 10 weeks premature so a majority of ehr time was spent in an incubator, however once i got her home i did rock her to sleep now and than. But by the time she was about 6 mths old i layed her in her crib to fall sleep at night (its ok to let them cry for a bit) and for her nap times i layed her on the couch beside me until she fell sleep at which time she would go in her crib.
    ashley2308

Answer by ashley2308 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I never did. Mine would NOT fall asleep in my arms, not even as a newborn.
    I have always rocked her though. As a baby it was for feeding before sleep. As a toddler and now a preschooler it is storytime before sleep - still in the rocking chair.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I stopped when mine said STOP, I don't want rocked.....He is 13 and independent and not a Momma's boy...so, do it till you he doesn't want you to. It won't be long anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I never rocked my son to sleep. I didn't want him to be completely dependent on me to be able to fall asleep. From birth to 6 weeks though, he did sleep pretty much only on my chest. He had his nights && days mixed up && it was the only way I could get him to sleep && stay asleep so I could get some rest. But I went back to work at 6 weeks && thankfully he had his schedule straight then && slept in his bassinet.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Two years with the first and three with the second (nursed to sleep, actually). Then they went to their own beds by themselves.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009