14 month pooping 6 times a day for 2 weeks

My son is 14 months and has been pooping so much the past 2 weeks. Its been either really runny or very soft. His doctor asked me to bring her some samples which I'm doing today. Has anyone had this problem or kmow what they might be checking for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it depends on what he eats (in my experience). i would give my dd all sorts of fruits and stuff and she would hav runny poop, i started giving her more meats and veggies mainly and it would get better, but only the doctor would know for sure. i hope all goes well :)
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Poor thing! Could be a dairy allergy I would stop all dairy products for at least a week and see how he does. Dairy is one of the worst foods to eat in my opinion and you can get calcium and vitamin d from many other sources. Don't know what they could be checking for but I would definitly watch his diet.
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My bet is the doctor is just checking to rule out an intestinal bug that might require treatment (i.e. antibiotics).
    Anonymous

• I was going to ask if you recently started whole milk...that could be the link, as another poster mentioned. Does your LO have any eczema, or gas or mood changes?
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• try to give something maybe like crackers and stuff like that. make sure u keep him hydrated if he has diareah.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I gave him whole milk at 12 months and never had any problem. He's ate cheese and yogurts for a long time too with no problem. No eczema, gas, or mood changes either.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 11:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009