anyone have kids with eczema?

my little boy is 2 and he has eczema so i was wondering what is the best thing to treat it?

wildcatsgurl06

Asked by wildcatsgurl06 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd has it all over her body. beleive it or not, i take her in the pool and ot gets a little better. i also got this baby eczema cream (you can get it at walmart) it has pooh bear on the tube. i mixed that with some euerin calming cream and it helps alot. when it gets really bad, i will put her in the pool, then give her a bath and mix a little bit of aveeno conditioner in with her body was then make sure shes very dry and put her lotions on. it works great. you could visit the dr too. they have prescription creams for it, i have eczema too so it wasnt really a shock when i found out she had it. theres also this plant that grows around here (pa) its called jewel weed, i used to use that. it works too.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my husband had it since he was a kid and he has been using cortizone 10 maximum strenght oitment not the cream but the oitment and in the summer the sun helps a lot
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i heard oatmeal bath works where would i find it?
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Many times eczema is tied to food allergies. Be careful about the foods you give your LO and maybe even start a food journal to see if you can link the outbreaks.

Oatmeal bath can be found at your local pharmacy with the bubble baths, i believe. Aveeno makes a good oatmeal bath.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my son has a slight case i've noticed it from milk and dairy products mostly - they won't do an allergy test so I am looking for a new Ped, so unless you figure what is causing it IF its from food, there isn't much that will work -I do use the aveeno oatmeal baths and diaper creams or calendula cream which works good also. I buy the aveeno anywhere - target, walgreens pharmacy.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i use petroleum jelly,it also helps becouse my lil one sweats bad at night and gets rashes.i also use eveeno
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Use aveeno. I prefer aveeno baby just because it is cheaper than the adult aveeno and has less ingredients. Plus its fragrant free causing one less problem to occur. Don't get me wrong though, all aveeno's are wonderful for people with sensitive skin or people who just don't want to put all that extra crap into their pores.
    FSMomof2

Answer by FSMomof2 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you can do oatmeal baths with good old fashioned oats (the oatmeal that comes in the canister not the packets) and some panty hose. create a little sack filled with oatmeal with a section of panty hose. and let it soak in the bath water. much cheaper and much more effective in my opinion. but oatmeal baths help with the itching... not actually get rid of the eczema.
    without knowing the severity of your lo's eczema... it's hard to say. aquaphor is a great moisturizer and a 1% hydrocoritzone ointment for the tough spots (NOT FOR LONG TERM USE 2-3 DAYS AT A TIME).
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009