What do you think of the "I'm a pro-(whatever), anti (whatever) mom, with a (whatever) degree, but I'm not afraid to(whatever)" - type signatures?

lol, that was just an example.
But you see it on almost EVERYONES signature.
do you think it's a good way of getting to know the person, or do you think it's annoying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• idc either way
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Doesnt phase me much.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't have one, but I've read a few and just from those few sentences I can completely sum up whether or not I like the person, which is a bad way to decide if like someone or not. Puts everone in a box. I should judge people on whether or not they are nice and friendly and not whether or not they are pro-life/choice, lib/pub, bfer/ffer, cio/ap .... but its hard not to when someone defines themselves that way, kwim?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think they're annoying as hell. I don't give a damn that you don't CIO, or that you've breastfed your child til he's 6, or that you did the baby-sling thing til your freaking back broke. Obviously, you're putting it out there because you think you've made the RIGHT choices (and therefore everyone else is wrong) and it reeks of an attitude of superiority. I don't feel like I have to put "I breastfed and offered my baby an occasional bottle" or "sometimes I let my child cry for a few minutes to get herself to sleep" in my siggie--I just don't need to be in everyone's faces with the parenting choices I've made.
    Now I totally don't mind the ones that say "Mom to Chloe, Nick, and Angel" or something NON controversial. The controversial parenting choices are the ones that smack of some bitch looking for a fight about how people raise their kids.
    Anonymous