MY HOUSE IS GROSS!!

My house is so dirty.....im talking stuff all in the floor, serious laundry (not dirty dishes) I have a 6 year old and a 7 month old....I have no energy or desire to clean my house. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• well that should be motivation enough, you don't want your kids living in filth
    Anonymous

• Don't be afraid to ask for help. Do you have a husband or a mother or mother in law that might be able to help? My sister has a house that you wouldn't believe, but part of her problem is depression and denial. When people offer to help she gets insulted and insists that there is nothing wrong its just cluttered, but its actually filthy. I think sometimes when things get really messy it gets so overwhelming you don't know where to start. Maybe if you just do one small area at a time and by the way a 6 year old is old enough to help you out alot. Good luck!
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wish I had help! I have Nobody! My family and friends are a good 12 hours away! it sucks so bad!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• a 6 year old is old enough to do chores. your 7 month old naps correct? clean during naptime and after the kids are in bed. or just hire someone lol.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 1:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• music always motivates me to clean, same with if I'm expecting company. I do one room at a time. if dishes need to be done, I load to dishwasher, and go ahead and sweeep/swiffer the kitchen floor, throw out any garbage, clean the stovetop...etc. if i need to vacuum, while i'm doing that I dust the ceiling fan and tables and blinds, throw laundry in a pile, then do a load of laundry. while I clean the litterbox I go ahead and clean the toilets. I've given up on asking SO to help since I have to ASK him in the first place and he usually says "I'll do it in a few minutes", and it ends up being days later and it still isn't done lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You sound lonely and depressed and a messy house is not helping. Do little bits at a time and try not to let it get cluttered. Throw out stuff you don't need or use. Before you know it things will start looking better. Take is one day at a time and try to find some one to talk to. You'll be ok.
    Anonymous

• I agree with sk tennyson! you could have your 6 y/o help out! you can make a game out of it. you both can put away the toys and say whoever clean up the fastest wins! or have him help fold laundry and match the colors or baby clothes versus adult clothes!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It really sucks, I never have company......or I might do more. My DH helps some....idk...Its just frustrating to me.Not to mention I did not have a good example as a child lol.....I kinda feel like I dont know how to clean. I know that sounds rediculas....
    Anonymous

• I kind of know how you feel. Everyday during the summer when school is out I say to myself that I am tired of cleaning this house over and over, so no more cleaning until they are back in school and then I will just rent a bobcat and use it to clean. However at the end of the day I always give in and clean up.
    Usually what motivates me best is to pretend that somebody is coming over. Sometimes when the house starts to get a little messy I have told my Husband to call me and tell me that somebody is coming over (trick me if you will).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Your 6 year old can help with the chores. Sit down with him and explain that he is going to help out.
    First, pick a room. Clean that room when the baby is asleep or if baby is awake, make sure baby can see you while you clean. After that room is done, stop for the day (unless your motivated by then to tackle another smaller room). The next day, clean/tidy up the room(s) you did the previous day. This should only take a few minutes. And then tackle another room. Keep doing this everyday til all the rooms are done (making sure to tidy up the ones you cleaned first beforehand). Then once all the rooms are done, pick a time that baby is asleep or in a great mood, and keep doing the housework at the same time everyday. It takes 22 days before something becomes a habit. Make housework a habit and you'll never have problems again. I hope this helps you.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 2:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009