friend 4 mths pregnet for the 3rd time wants a Mommy shower? help!

My friend who can afford maternity clothes etc hinted that she would like a mommy shower and now another friend wants me to cohost one for her. I think it is in poor taste. does she get a baby shower too? has anyone every heard of this??

finish

Asked by finish at 1:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Every baby deserves to be celebrated. There is nothing wrong with it and its not uncommon to have a shower for each baby but I would do something like a diaper bash or a 'sprinkle' instead of a shower. Or you could even do a welcome baby shower.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 1:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i have never heard of it. I was able to wear alot of my cloths through my whole pregnancy. I only hd one pair of materity pants and a few shirts my mom got me. other than that i just wore the stuff i had because i was tight on money. I dont think i would be able to help throw a "mommy shower" It just dosnt sound right to me. But if she needs the clothes that bad then i would buy her one just to help her out if she was a good friend
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had a baby shower for each child. I don't think it's in poor taste and it doesn't matter what you can "afford", it's about celebrating the new baby. I didn't save everything from my first baby, I simply didn't have the storage space, and I had a girl the first time and a boy the second. Plus some things aren't safe once they are so old, so if her other children are older, she'll need a new carseat, new crib, etc.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no one read your question lol. i dont think she should get a mommy shower. but i agree about each baby should be celebrated. asking for a mommy shower in my opinion is asking other people to provide for you lol.
    Anonymous

• a mommy shower sounds crazy...and showers are supposed to be suprises, if she wants it, let her get it started, just say you are to busy with other stuff....I personally am about to have my 3rd baby and had a shower before my first. and that was that, and thats what I wanted, I saved most of my stuff throughout my children. a showr for maternity clothes is just crazy. you only need a few pants and tops. I find I like snuggin in to my old tees better anyways. plus when I go to a shower, I spend alot of money, in the intent that they are going to use whatever for sometime. I wouldnt spend that again. for other children I just buy an outfit and blanket or something once born.
    Anonymous

• what is a mommy shower? i'm a mommy...i want people to throw me a party too, lol.damnitt.
    i honestly never heard of one but you shouldn't feel pressured into throwing one for someone if you don't want to or see it as necessary.Just don't do it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2009