Ladies what would you do in this situation? (YES YOU CAN GO....NO YOU CAN'T)

My son has been invited to two parties one with his baseball team and the other from a kid from school. Now before all this happened my dh said he could go. Anyway he did not get to go to the baseball one :( bc dh said no.

Now the other party from the school kid is coming up and now my dh is making plans to go out of town, I don't uderstand him. I know my son will be upset if he doesn't get to go to this one I don't want to argue bc he ends up winning (jerk..lol)
anyway I told my son just be prepared if you don't go to this one either but mommy will see what she can do ok.

So ladies what would you do in this situation????
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• id let my son go to the birthday party, i think its wrong to tell a child he or she can do something then take it back once it comes up. i personally think he should go to the party because he was already told he could go.
    Anonymous

• Parties are part of growing up. They are not only for fun. That is where you learn how to be social. I personally think that it is VERY important to get him to the party.
    On the other hand you and your x should get it together for your kids sac. Letting your your kid not have trust and faith in you is definitely not being a responsible parent. Before you say yes or no think and decide make arrangements need to be made and then inform your child of your decision.
    Don't put the blame on anyone else! Don't try to be the good guy Just be the parent!
    hanginginther

Answer by hanginginther at 4:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would tell the hubby NO. My friend and her husband do this to the kids and it is so unfair that the kids have to give up stuff so that the dad/mom and can do what they want.

In this case dad would loose any way you look at it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't argue with him either ---- I'd just load my son w/ party gift in hand into the car & go.

Let dad go out of town if he wants --- nowhere does it say "dad must attend all children's parties".
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• that's good - show the kid dad is a liar and mom wont back up... what wonderful things will this kid pick up?
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 9:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Huh? My son would be going to the birthday parties. What is the reason behind him missing the first party? If DH wanted to go out of town I'd still make it my business to take my son to the birthday party. To be honest my son's "social life" is pretty much a priority for us in my house. lol.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 1:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Why does your spouse going away prevent your son from attending the party?
    Was he always this controlling or is this new behavior. Honestly, this sound to me like he has an abusive personality and I think that family counseling is in order
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2009