Disgusting question!!! Would you eat a cat?

I was watching the news this morning but I only got the tail end of it...they were talking about how an area of some apartments people noticed cats missing from the area (supposibly there were lots of cats wandering around) anyway...Would you believe that there is not much the law can do if you are caught killing the cat and then eating it, that's bc there is no law for that...OH but if you get caught killing a cat and leave it you can go to jail. (Duh!) I don't get it. How is this right.
It is so sad. And I love cats (as a companion, not for a meal)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Adoption

• This is the adoption section, genius.
    Anonymous

• if i was homeless and it came down to eatting a cat or not eatting at all, i think i would probably eat a cat. But i guess i wouldn't know for sure unless i was put in that situatuon, but i wouldn't just eat them because they're there.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 2:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Was it an adopted cat?
    Anonymous

• Most cats are adopted and I could never eat an adoptee. If it was ferel on the other hand.....
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We are having cat for dinner tonight. It cuts down on the grocery bill if we eat a stray every now and then. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    Anonymous

• thats sick they need to kill them people for killing an animal
    Anonymous

• Onethentwins - I loved your response! It gave me a good laugh. After being a veg for 17 yrs and only reluctantly eating poultry now, I'm not ready to progress to cats yet. Maybe in a few years if someone shows me the right way to prepare them.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 6:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry, but
    the irony in your first sentence was just too much

Your question - then your opening line ... "but I only got the tail end of it..."

LOL!!!

Was the pun intended?

JoesGirl

Answer by JoesGirl at 6:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I thought this might be about going to China to adopt and having to actually eat cat.

No, I would not eat cat if there was another option. If I had to and was dying of starvation probably. But only then.

I had a friend who was visiting a foreign exchange student and his parents....they brought fresh cat with them to cook and eat at the dinner table. He did eat it to try. Now that is a boy with manners. I just couldn't.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Gross, that's why I don't eat Chinese food.
    Anonymous