Did you serve your child cake for their 1st birthday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Chocolate cake....so it was noticeable in pictures...it was his first chocolate.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I plan on getting my baby girl her own small cake or cupcake so she can dig into! She'll be one on Thursday!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had a small cake for each of my children so they could dig in, I also had a seprate cake for the guests to enjoy.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• A chocolate cake. I made it myself - it was a mini ladybug, and with my left over batter I made cupcakes for the other kids and they were lady bugs too!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes all three times.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I got my son a mini cake for himself for his 1st birthday...he loved it! i dont give him to many sweets so it was somthing new and fun for him.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yep. I usually make birthday cakes myself but with my last child her birthday was the Thursday before Easter and we were traveling to visit family that day. The weekend was super busy so I just bought her a small white cake with white frosting from the store and she got to tear into it after Easter dinner (3 days after her birthday). They were great pictures.
    I'm pretty sure she had cake before that, though, since she has older sisters and a brother.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yep....and none of them liked it. lol (I've got clean freaks...)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I did strawberry cup cakes. But the timing of the party ... she was already full so feed it to the dog!
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• They both had their own free smash cake from the grocery store we bought the party cake from...I assume they ate some of the cake with the icing; lol
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009