Was this mean of her?

Ok I have a "friend" who I've known for a few years but we only got close a few months ago. She basically befriended me and my sister, all 3 of us are going through divorces. She is seeing a guy and hooked me up with his best friend, and my sister was seeing a guy too. Well, my "friend" took it upon herself to tell my soon to be ex brother in law that my sister was seeing someone else, and proceeded to talk about her really badly. Then to top it off, she smarted off to my boyfriend and he cussed her out and threw him out of his house. Saturday night she txts me and tells me that my boyfriend is seeing someone else, and it just tears me up to the point of crying my eyes out...would you give her another chance, she did apoligize to me, but she has never apoligized to my sister for starting trouble. I don't know whether to stay friends with her or not, I do kind of feel sorry for her, she says I'm the only friend she has....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• No, she is not a true friend. A REAL friend would NEVER say those hurtful things.

I would write her off and get on with my life.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Don't feel sorry for her. She is miserable herself. Have you ever heard of the phrase "Misery loves company"? She can't stand it, from my point of view, if she isn't the center of attention or isn't constantly being praised or admired or talked about. She is selfish and heartless to start trouble where her nose has no business being.

She is no friend of yours. If she will do that to your sister imagine what she has said about you that you don't know about yet? Cut your ties.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I try to live by everyone needs a second chance. it will never be as good of a friendship as it was beforehand but try to take it slow. was she right about your bf seeing someone else? maybe there is something between your sister and her that you dont know about? your sister is a person too. I honestly do not know how it is between sisters for that I only have 4 brothers but maybe find out what got her to say stuff like that. what can it hurt to go out to lunch and talk things over? but of course that is your decision. hope my thoughts will help you out.
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 2:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i would forgive her but not be friends with her. she doesn't seem very nice at all. i mean shoot with a friend like that who would need enemies
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Actually it was a "rumor" that she heard he was seeing someone else, and we figured out that it was ME he was seen with. I'm very close to my sister and I don't ever want to see her hurt, she's made mistakes in the past but who hasn't? My 'friend" really didn't have anything to gain by telling my BIL about the other relationship so I can't understand why she did it. My sis has nothing to do with her anymore and was the one there for me saturday when I thought my BF was cheating on me. So no, she wasn't right about it.
    Anonymous

• I guess it's easy to see why she has no other friends. They all wised up and left her at the curb. I think you should support your sister and let this so called friend hit the highway. (I just mean let her go as a friend, not throw her out of the car! lol)

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I'd dump her like a hot potato. There is a reason she has no other friends.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would not trust her as far as you could throw her. She is bad news with a really big, mouth.
    Anonymous