I have an 8 month old little girl,she will realize I have stepped out of the room for a minute and she will start crying.Its wierd,she will be playing with her toys,look around at not see me and freak out,and if I dont pick her up and hold her,she wont stop crying.What do I do??Please help

rubensgirl

Asked by rubensgirl at 6:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter went through a phase like this. She is now 15 months and she doesn't cry when I leave but she does call out for me. I remember I wouldn't just leave the room when she was in the crying phase, I would tell her "Mommy will be right back. I'll be right back." and then I'd come right back but she'd still cry. This is why we mommies are so good at doing things one handed. ;-)
    Kristabell

Answer by Kristabell at 6:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think the best thing to do is sometimes just let them cry. If you pick them up everytime they cry they catch on to that and expect it but of course before ignoring them make sure they are okay first.
    ckramer

Answer by ckramer at 6:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i was told that around 8 months they go tho a phase like that. My son is doing it and my friends daughter went thro it for like a few weeeks.
    pchef_nicole

Answer by pchef_nicole at 7:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You'll just have to let her cry, unfortunately. Tell her "It's OK, mommy's right here." She'll figure it out.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• This is normal. Its called "seperation anxiety". All my kids went through this. I think it has something to do with babies not realizing you are not "gone" when you step into the next room. They all grow out of it once they realize you are still here, just in the next room.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• ima strong believer in comforting them if they cry when u leave then they have a an attachment issue. they feel comforted when your around and when they are alone they feel abandoned. my daughter was the same way i couldnt go to take a shower with out her cryin for me i comforted her when she turned 2 yrs old she got out of that stage...just comfort her instead of like someone stead (letting her cry it out) i feel thats not the approiate time to let them cry it out...thats a time for comfort...now twanting a toy or something thewy want then yeah cry it out cause you aint gettin it but your child obviously adores her mother and feels safe with you...so jus give her time shell grow out of it mine did.
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008