What are the odds?

I've been seeing this guy for about 4 months now, and I've totally fallen for him. Today is his birthday and I sent him a card and a gift ( we live over an hour apart), and a letter finally telling him how I feel about him (ie, I care about you, never expected this blah blah blah). Now I'm just afraid I'm going to lose him forever. I've been through a divorce where my husband just didn't love me the way I loved him, he wouldn't work and decided he wanted to live with his mother (weird I know), but I'm at the point now where I don't want to be alone, I just feel like I'm due some happiness and I'm afraid after reading that letter he might feel I've been too intense, when all I really wanted to do was let him know he does mean a lot to me. What are the odds I'm getting ready to get dumped LOL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I know how hard it is to be alone but think of it this way if he dumps you because you told him your feelings then I would say he was not the right guy!
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 2:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Every time I thought I was going to get dumped I didn't so give it a chance. Expressing yourself is a positive thing. If he gets scared and runs then he's not the right guy. It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• WHY WOULD YOU BE DUMPED FOR TELLING HIM YOU CARE??UNLESS HE IS THE KIND TO RUN FROM COMMITMENT, I DON'T SEE WHY HE WOULD DUMP YOU.

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I used to feel the same way. Why can't I have happiness? What's wrong with me?
    I did learn something. All that time I was by myself was for me to work on me. How could I possibly take care of someone else or be a spouse to someone else if I couldn't handle being alone? I have learned you can't change people, you can't re-route a person's mind and when someone shows you who they really are....believe them.

If your ex was an ass then chances are he was an ass early on and you chose to look past it. If the current guy exhibits any of those signs from your ex then maybe you should take a different look at the kind of men you pick. I have been there and I picked some freakin winners. Geez. Finally I gave it up to God. I asked Him to put a man in my life that He wanted me to have. A month later I met a wonderful man. That was the summer of 07. We married in Feb of 09 and our baby is due in January of next year. Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thats such a wonderful story! I feel the same way I really want God to put someone in my life who's a good person, before my husband I really didn't have that many relationships and I think that's why being alone now scares me, because I was alone for soooo long. No matter what happens I just have to keep trusting that I'm going to be ok, no matter what!
    Anonymous

• hate to be the one to say but pretty good. he may like you but i don't think men like us girls laying out our feelings when they haven't told us first how they feel. you had to let him know and if he truly does love you then he will be there and if he doesn't then your going to find out sooner then later. don't beat yourself up over it. no since on wasting your guyses time.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009