I am so worried about everythig right now...

So two weeks ago at my doctors appt, my doctor said it would be better it i could cut my hours or stop working for the rest of my pregnancy. He didn't come reight out and say bed rest . But my blood pressure has been sky high for the last few appts, i am swelling , i guess cause i stand most of the day, and i have that diabetes you get when you are pregnant. Anyways i havn't got to quit yet because we havn't found a replacement or a fill in. But i am worried that when we do we wont have my income and i will be without a job until after the baby.My main worries is paying for our insurance. we pay for it out of pocket and for me and my daughter it is almost $300.00/ month. without it we wont have any and it wont cover the rest of my pregnancy. With hubby working, do you think we would qualify for medicad or chip until the baby is born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• You probably will qualify, if he doesn't make a lot of money, you may even qualify for food stamps, etc. If you want to message me, I may have some other ideas that could help you out.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It wouldn't hurt to try. For family medicaid, they count unborn babies, since they need medical attention too. They will not count unborn babies for food stamps, or anything else. You may also want to look into WIC, if you haven't already.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You never know what you qualify for until you go to the ofice and apply for everything that is available. Only then, they can say yes you do qualify or no you make too much money. You could always work online a few hours a week and make some great money. Here is my website where you can go take a look at and see if something interests you. They are ALL free and legit.

http://realfreelegit.webs.com/
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 2:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Some states have health insurance for pregnant mommies if they don't have any. Health ins. is so expensive. we use my hubby's and it is around 800 a month out of his paychecks. I am not working so we don't have my pay anymore. It is so hard these days. you should try for the medicaid is see what happens. good luck with everything.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't want to be greedy, i wouldnt even push my luck and apply for food stamps. I really just am concerned about the medical care. And delivery of the newborn baby and if daughter gets sick. Plus we have to pay our deductible for out personal insurance . that is why i was thinking maybe we would qualify. and i plan to find another job after the baby is born anyways, so i would only need it for a few months. I am due in august. thanks for your help
    Anonymous

• Hey there! I was just reading your worry and the responses to it. It is always good to ask and apply... the worst they can say is NO, right? If you are wanting to be home with your little one once you have the baby, are you wanting to stay home? If you are, I work from home and this may be something to think about now, too, since you have to be on "bedrest". It is with a comp that just recently received an award from the BBB so it is NO SCAM! If interested, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com, I would love to talk with you and get you some more info!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What state are you in? Medicaid is a federally funded, but actually ran by the states. Each state has slightly different programs.

Whatever you do, don't stop paying your insurance premium until you have a new program in place. I know it is tough, but maternity bills will run on avg $15,000. And, of course, if your policy lapses your condition becomes pre-existing and won't be covered by a new policy. So please keep paying if you can...until you are able to secure medicaid.

Best of luck to you!!!
    TrudyP

Answer by TrudyP at 9:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009