baby cereal?

when did you start giving your baby, baby cereal?

ashcrash

Asked by ashcrash at 2:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tried it at 4 months. Didn't really like it. Then at 6 months he ate some of it. I started with the rice. Now he eats the oatmeal, but I don't make it to thick.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• around 6 months. he likes the whole grain rice with mixed fruit!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My son started cereal in between 4-5 months. Then he was on stage one food at 6 months
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I started my daughter at 5 months, and she gobbled it right up. A week later we started adding apple sauce then gradually trying to add different foods in with the rice cereal.
    maryandmacy

Answer by maryandmacy at 2:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We pretty much skipped the cereal... she had it a little bit but not much. She didn't really like it. She started stage one baby food at about 4 1/2 months old. At 8 1/2 months she was on table/finger food.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• DS is eating at 5 months. DD is still trying it out. She's actually allergic to rice it seems (spit up really bad with the cereal and broke out in a rash with the formula with rice starch in it). We have tried oatmeal with her and she seems to like it, but just doesn't really show alot of interest, so I don't push it... figure it's not necessary for her to eat it as long as she gets her formula
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 3:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We never gave baby foods. Especially cereal. It's overprocessed and has no real nutritional value. She got table foods right from the start. Whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies and even meat.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009