Inducing labor by boucing on a "birthing ball"?

I know it's not supposed to produce immediate results because the idea is to bounce to bring baby down so he can apply pressure to the cervix...

My question is how long do you do this? Are you supposed to do anything in conjuction with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dk how long you are supposed to sit on the ball, but a few days ago I was sitting on mine for close to an hour and when I got up it hurt to move, I though he'd dropped but no such luck. That night I was sorting through paper work, other times I sit on the ball while I watch tv (if I can get my 5 yr old off of it). I don't think there is a certain amount of time you need to stay on the ball.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wish I had one of these for my pregnancies. I had to resort to gently jumping -- more like bobbing -- when I went overdue during my 3rd!
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 2:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2009