AM I A HORRIBLE PERSON....

DO YOU THINK THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME WANTING TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY EX'S FAMILY?I COULD CARELESS ABOUT HIM BUT HIS SISTERS WERE LIKE SISTERS TO ME IS THAT BAD? DOES IT SOUND LIKE I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

VanessaCalhoun

Asked by VanessaCalhoun at 2:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• It makes you a better person in my eyes to want to keep in contact with them. When you were with your ex, you were a part of their lives as well. Just because two people break up doesn't mean that everyone else should get dumped. That is if the relationship you had with them was real.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh no. not at all hun. yall prob. got close during the relationship as long as your not around the ex i dont think it should be a problem :)
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No, not if you had a really good relationship with them. Just because you are still in contact, does not mean that you need to be in contact with your ex. Just be careful becaue they might run back to him and tell him everything that is going on in your life.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no I talk to my ex's family all the time. We were married and have a child together. I probably wouldnt be as close to them if we didnt have a child, but my relationship with them has nothing to do with him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I developed close relationships with people in my exhusband's family while we were married, particularly his dad, his sister, and his aunt. They all made it very clear to me during the divorce that they still consider me family. We didn't stop loving each other because the marriage broke up. We still talk regularly and visit each other fairly often. He is remarried now and they also like his wife and have good relationships with her, too. It doesn't have to be an either-or kind of situation, there is always enough room in a family for another member and enough room in a heart for more love.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no, you're fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• it sounds normal to me.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No. But if it bugs hubby, then I'd have to say no on keeping in touch....or tell hubby to get over it or compromise somehow.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 3:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nope not at all. As long as you aren't asking about him or trying to reconnect with him, then you're good!
    Mrs.Wasson

Answer by Mrs.Wasson at 12:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2009