I am taking clomid while my hubby is home on R&R......

I am taking clomid while my hubby is home on R&R. I was wondering how many other women used Clomid and had it work. I'm afraid to get my hopes up for nothing if it's the case. All the information I have found on Clomid has been from 1993 and down. Thanks so much!

scottswifey

Asked by scottswifey at 2:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I think you're going to be hard pressed to get pregnant in such a short period of time. I'd wait for him to get home to really try. Not to mention that once he gets back, there could be mental health issues for him to deal with (PTSD is very serious, and personally I think anyone that's been in a war zone needs to be treated for it and kept under close watch for depression- this coming from personal experience), and you being pregnant could put undue stress on all three of you (fetus included) until things settle down. I know this is not what your question was about. I just wanted to give you a heads up because I've seen too many bad things happen to military couples when the soldier/marine/sailor come back home- including myself and my husband going through major counseling, after having been best friends with him for YEARS, he became a different person while he was there. Good luck, though, in whatever you choose.
    Anonymous

• Well in response to the anonymous above, my husband is not deployed to a war zone. I hate it when everyone just assumed when you say deployed their in Iraq or Afghanistan. My husband is on a deployment in Korea. If I felt that anything were to stress me or my children or unborn child (If I man become pregnant) I wouldn't do it. With my prior history of miscarriages, stillbirths, and preterm children, I wouldn't put my self in a situation like this if I hadn't talked a good deal with my Doctor and husband prior.. Thanks for your concern, but that dosen't apply to us. Have a great day!
    scottswifey

Answer by scottswifey at 4:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have never heard of clomid, but I just read this and I just wanted to say, "you tell her!!" lol. I hate when people assume things and give unwanted advice!! Good luck with TTC! :)
    EthansMommy109

Answer by EthansMommy109 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was on Clomid for several cycles and it never worked for me. This is just my opinion based from my experience, but it seems as if doctors are prescribing Clomid like it's candy whether you need it or not. Clomid should never be given for more than three cycles at a time and only if your cycles are not regular.
    Anonymous

• I looked threw many fertility drugs when they gave that as an option. My husband and I have been trying for almost 2 years now. I didn't have a regular cycle from use of the Depo shot that I got right before I left the hospital with my youngest from the nurse that forced it on me telling me 20 was too young to have 2 kids. (I wish I could see her now with all the problems this shot has given me) So yes it is irregular, yes we've been trying for more than one year, and yes I outweighed the options, and this is what I chose. Clomid is different with different people, and it is said it shouldn't be prescribed for more than 6 cycles.
    scottswifey

Answer by scottswifey at 8:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have 2 little boys thanks for Clomid and am trying for #3 child with it. You can be on clomid for as many months as the DR says but most stop at 6 months! The thing with clomid is it doesn't always work the first round! good luck!!
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 11:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have two little boys thanks to Clomid and both of them were on the first try, 50mg. So good luck!!!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 12:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My first daughter is here thanks to round #1 of Clomid (50mg). Best wishes!
    Kristapista

Answer by Kristapista at 9:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have 14 month old triplets and I am 30 weeks pregnant with twins thanks to Clomid. Good Luck!!
    kaitlin06

Answer by kaitlin06 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHA!! That's directed to the first anamo person on here because WERE PREGNANT!!!!
    scottswifey

Answer by scottswifey at 5:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2009