Do you know someone who is in prison or jail?

I never thought I would, but my friends husband is in for NUMEROUS (like 10) DUI's. He is an awesome father besides this and had visitation because she couldnt get a court to order any supervision because of the drinking problems in the past. He wrecked with the boys in the car, they were ok, but had to see their dad taken to jail. This was a normal family besides this andthe boys never really saw him drinking he basically did soemthing like this every year or 18 months, then would quit drinking and just binge one night and something happened everytime.(not with kids with him) Im glad he is off the steets for now. He had a strange sort of alcohol problem where he wouldnt drink, but the second it touched his lips he did whatever he had to to drink til he blacked out. 2 of his previous arrests were for going into strangers house thinking he was home and falling asleep on their couch!!! Alcohol has really messed up his life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah ?

-Kerri
    33 weeks
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 2:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yep. My ex is in jail for attempted murder (not against me) and my nephew just got out (theft) 3 weeks ago.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yeah I have known a lot of people in jail its sad how drugs and alcohol can mess up some ones life I hope things get better for him

Anonymous

• Nope.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nope, but it would be grand to see my EX and his "wife" in jail for the nonsense they pull!!!

Anonymous

• Yes, my step SIL was in jail for manslaughter. She killed a young mother while under the influence of non prescribed pills. Or better said: drugs.

She is out now, has lost an eye and has a severe limp. She can not find a job, and is falling back into the party drug lifestyle. It wont be long before she is there again. sorry to say...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no,we don't associate with people like that
    Anonymous

• OMG mom2twobabes...that is awful. it is scary how close to home this stuff gets sometimes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yep my boyfriend from when i was 13 he killed a guy one night when we were susposed to be out
    bobbicroft

Answer by bobbicroft at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes, after abusing so many women, my ex (who is my children's father) is finally in jail. I would like to say that I don't associate with people who are in jail, but remember that it could be someone in your family who made a mistake (I am not talking about my ex). Like , they had one drink and got picked up for D&D. That is automatic jail time. I don't believe in D&D, but I do know that people make wrong decisions.
    shaepetee

Answer by shaepetee at 3:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009