how can both parents work with newborn

ok im gonna be a mom for the 1st time in august.currently me and my boyfriend are not working.he is planning on working, he has been looking and the whole 9.i know just hime having a job alone isnt gonna be able to support me him and the baby.I dont wanna be dependent on him either.i want to make my own money too.plus if we both work it would guarantee the baby to have a better life.i have my security license and im planning on doing that.my most question is how can it be possible for me and him 2 both work.i dnt wanna have some1 baby sitting the baby because thats our responsibility you know and i wanna be there with my baby.yet i dont want him being the only one working and i dont wanna be the only 1 working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My friends work opposite shifts, just be sure you have some time together. she goes early in the morning to work and gets home at 4. He has to leave at 2 because of a commute so her mom wathces the baby for 2 hrs/per day.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• For us I was home until she was 4 months old, then my BIL watched her until she was 8 months old, then she started daycare.

Really, you CAN do it without daycare if you are both on alternate schedules.

When my SO works "A" shift at the jail, we don't need daycare at all! But currently he is working "B" shift, which overlaps with my schedule, so Kaylee goes to daycare one day a week.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I found an "in home daycare" for Catie. DH and I worked days so we had to get a babysitter. But Catie did so well there. Really, we couldn't be happier with how well she was taken care of.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have a job where I don't HAVE to be there all day, or even go in until later on...so i plan to make it work with my bfs schedule, or ask my grandparents to watch her for a couple of hours. family is always nice, i think. personally, i think a couple hours of daycare a week once they are a little bit older does no harm. my bfs 3 year old goes once in awhile, and we've noticed how much she has been learning in that little time.
    Anonymous