both parentts working when baby is born

ok im gonna be a mom for the 1st time in august.currently me and my boyfriend are not working.he is planning on working, he has been looking and the whole 9.i know just hime having a job alone isnt gonna be able to support me him and the baby.I dont wanna be dependent on him either.i want to make my own money too.plus if we both work it would guarantee the baby to have a better life.i have my security license and im planning on doing that.my most question is how can it be possible for me and him 2 both work.i dnt wanna have some1 baby sitting the baby because thats our responsibility you know and i wanna be there with my baby.yet i dont want him being the only one working and i dont wanna be the only 1 working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• For us I was home until she was 4 months old, then my BIL watched her until she was 8 months old, then she started daycare.

Really, you CAN do it without daycare if you are both on alternate schedules.

When my SO works "A" shift at the jail, we don't need daycare at all! But currently he is working "B" shift, which overlaps with my schedule, so Kaylee goes to daycare one day a week.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• This is what we do, I have our son during the day and work part time and only go in a few days a week from 5 to 9:30 and my husband works overnights and watches our son while I'm at work and when i get home, he goes into work. We don't see each other much because he has to sleep during the day and work all night but its what we have to do to survive but he gets 2 days off a week

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 2:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• sweetie u are scared its normal. but like carolyn said sweetie when he applies for a job u make sure he or you are on one day shift and other is on night shift, that one of the both are u are always home ya know? good luck
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 3:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Great ideas everyone! Another one is to work from home so you can both be with your bf and your baby... fam is so important! I work at home with 2 little boys running around and I absolutely love it! The company I work with just recently received an award from the BBB for its ethics and integrity so NO SCAM! If interested, I would love to help you... you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. It would be great if we could chit chat and get you more info!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You can work from home for sure, my husband does work from home too. He has a dealer-Franchise in Oil.

He gets national attention from TV ads cause his company does all the advertising. check it out, hubby might like it, Amsoil

Work at home...and spend more time with your children!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My husband and I both work out of our home. He runs a handyman business and have two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009