my oldest daughter she wants a summer job

She's starting to realize that she needs a summer job but she feels that if she gets a summer job she can't come home to see her other family she doesn't want to hurt me if she gets. A summer job but as a mother I'm up for her to take that chance to work . I told her that she's not hurting me or dissapointing me I told her I'm glad and happy she wants to take that huge step to become her own independent on working to save cash . I'm always a phone call away I tell my daughter .

fancy252

Asked by fancy252 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You sound like a very supportive mom. It is really late to start looking for a summer job, though. She may want to consider contacting the Red Cross regarding becoming a certified babysitter. My 13 year old did this over a year ago; she charges $7 an hour and now has four families she sits for on a regular basis (she also just registered to take a refresher CPR class).

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I definitely agree with rkoloms, and also want to add that volunteering is an option, too. It will eventually help her get into college, even qualify for more scholarships and grants. It may be too late to get a paying job, but any supervised volunteering (so someone can sign off on her hours) would probably be great for her.
    MrsQriist

Answer by MrsQriist at 8:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009