Are Libraries/Books becoming obsolete?

My niece got me thinking about computers. I saw her completing a homework with information printed out from the computer. Are Libraries/Books becoming obsolete?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe for research...it's much easier to google something then go try and find it at a library. We rarely go to the library, though, because I don't trust my kids. They always lose or mess up the books we get. I prefer to just buy them and keep them to read over and over.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Not in my house.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Certainly not here. We love the library go there several times a week. As for books in general we have tons of them my 17 mo DD loves to read she has something like 150 books!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Not in my house either. We homeschool and books are highly taken advantage of. I read everyday in my spare time as a way to relax...I would cry if books became obsolete.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my son loves taking his books out weekly from school and all of us go to the town library every 2 weeks for new books...its just a matter if people use them or not. Im guessing you don't go, you should check it out though, you'll be suprised at even all the town info on events you can find out too.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• NO! Not until a Kindle is affordable and you could trade/sell the stories. I love reading and I can't afford to buy new books with as much as I read. I can read a novel a day and they are like at least $8.00 for a paperback.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Not for me. I hate reading a book on the computer. And for textbooks, I like to be able to annotate my book.

Even with the new Kindle system, I wouldn't trust it to not lose my electronic books. I've had that happen with too many electronic things... music, recipes, etc. Good money down the drain.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009