Why are people ok with??

why are people of this country ok with its government having so much control? i thought that this was why we fought for our freedoms from England because we felt that they had to much control? why would we want to go back to that?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 3:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wasn't happy with the Bush administration. I'm not happy with the Obama administration. The problems are the same across the board. We have forgotten the one contract that matters between government and the people, the Constitution. We have forgotten what it means to be a Republic. Yes, we as Americans have a wonderful existence compared to other countries, I'm not denying that, but shouldn't we work to avoid following in their footsteps? Government is good when it operates within limits. But both this and the last administrations have pushed past their limits, and we as citizens have allowed it.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Exactly!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am not, I HATE it.....but what more can I do, I didnt vote for Obama.

Why cant people see that too much Gov. is not the answer, its the problem. Obama loves Gov. control. uggg...
    Anonymous

• Because they are idiots who are too lazy and uneducated to be dependant from the gov't and work to sustain their own lives. It's easier to sit with their thumbs up their butts and let the gov't come around and give them their bottles and change their diapers every now and then. PATHETIC!!!

Anonymous

• I am not sure which issue you are referring to, but if it's healthcare consider this: the government does provide many of our services well and with NO PROFIT. That's the idea behind a public option for healthcare. Private insurers have about 30% overhead while medicare/medicaid have 3%. It makes perfect sense to lower costs and provide more coverage to people with a public option for heathcare. Just consider it.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• have you ever been to a military hospital and seen how those people get taken care of, or lack there of? we do not need that kind of crap in our hospitals. we need the right to choose what we want or don't want that is what freedom is all about. you take away a persons choice to choose and you are taking away their freedom.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Actually, we fought England because we were not getting a voice in how we were being legislated - not that we were being legislated.
    Anonymous

• Well, we all did so well under the Bush Administration right? Look where it put us? Let's try something that just might work, because the alternative did NOT.
    Anonymous

but is that not what socialist country's do you get no say on how you are govern??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Well, compared to many, many, many other countries we have it great here. even with all of the "control" people scream about it's a drop in the bucket compared to how others live.

Secondly, I wasn't around when the folks on the boats came over so who's to say how bad it was..really. And thirdly, it's 200+ years later. Things change.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009