Does anyone out there know of any grants for aspiring teachers to go to school in the DFW area?

I am married and am a mom of a toddler and I want to start school without using loans. I still owe loans from years ago when I was attending UTA. I would like to find a program that will pay off my loan and send me to school for education. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Villacorta

Asked by Villacorta at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a scholarship that is funded from the Georgia Lottery. It is called The Hope Teacher Promise. You may want to check into something like that for your state. Also, check with you school's financial aid office. Most schools have grants and scholarships they give out to their own students. You may qualify for one or more of them. Lastly, here is a website that has several grants and scholarships just for teachers. - http://www.teachingtips.com/blog/2008/07/01/101-scholarships-just-for-teachers/

Good luck with your studies!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• www.goldenapple.org
    www.teachforamerica.org
    www.fastweb.com
    Also check with the financial aid office of the university you are attending

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was going to recommend checking out fastweb.com for scholarships as well.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Also you can apply for a pell grant.

you can file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it. I love this site.
    Villacorta

Answer by Villacorta at 11:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009