Now that my daughter can roll over, I'm really nervous that she'll do it when i cant see

or when im sleeping or something and will leave her head down on the bed for too long and not breathe. She holds her head up great, 90 degrees when on her belly, but i still get REALLY nervous...

is this something i shouldnt worry about too much? am i just being a worry wart?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD just started doing this at 15 wks. It scares me at night 'cause she'll wake up, roll all around and end up with her face planted in the matress. We started using our video monitor so we can make sure she's not face down and I always go in and put her on her back again. I don't worry too much, I figure if she was going to die fo SIDS it probably would have happened already, seeing as we used to co-sleep and some nights she would end up face down in my arm! She can hold her head up really well, so I know she would do so rather than suffocate, but I stil make sure to turn her over when I catch it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009