how would u feel if your DH hid your laptop to prevent you from going online because he doesn't trust you?

I am using my iPhone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I am appalled at some of the answers. I agree with jamesonjustines’s answer. It’s time for serious counseling. Trust issues never go away, you need to address it in therapy, like adults. Not one person controlling another. I don't care what you did, what are you 10? He doesn’t trust you so he took away your laptop???.. what's next? Is he going to take away your phone privileges too? How about confine you to your room? Maybe he’ll ground you or send you to bed without supper.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 4:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would feel it was time to go to counseling.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Tell him he needs to quit being so controlling or you are going leave him. That kind of thing is not cool!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 3:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Why doesn't he trust you?
    Anonymous

• I'm sure there is more to this than you have told. There must be a reason he would do this...have you given him cause in the past not to trust you? Is He a jealous, controlling personality? Do you dress revealingly? I don't know how to answer with the lack of full disclosure. I'm sure you probably deep down know why he is doing this, but you are asking for support for your side without letting on what it is that you may have done to warrant his actions.
    Anonymous

• It would depend on whether or not he was justified to not trust me. Generally speaking.... people don't just become jealous for no good reason. If he has trust issues because of something you did, or almost did, then using your iphone to keep on doing what's causing him grief is just going to compound the problems.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I'd be pissed at him for hiding my laptop. As to the rest-- does he have a reason to be distrustful and controlling? Either way counseling might be a good idea.....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had a bf that used to take the battery to my cell phone to work with him, and we only had one car. I'd be at home all day with no phone. It wasn't for any reason, he was just crazy. I left him for the man I married...
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would "feel" my way to the door cause it obvious that theres either trust issues going on with your dh or he has a reason to not trust you...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 5:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009